Miss America - Competition Membership Registration
- Access to apply to local competitions
- Access to exclusive Professional Development Series
- Discounts on Miss America merchandise
- Valid for 1 year
Miss Age Requirements
- Candidate (1) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of July 31st in the calendar year of the State competition in which she competes; (2) Must be a high school graduate or equivalent by July 31st in the calendar year of the State competition in which she competes; (3) Must not be older than twenty-five (25) years of age as of the last day in the calendar year of the State competition in which she competes (December 31st).
- For the avoidance of doubt, a contestant cannot turn twenty-six (26) years of age at any time during the calendar year in which she will compete at state.
- For avoidance of doubt, 13 to 17 year old high school graduates, as well as 18 year old non-graduates as of July 31st, must compete at MAOTeen level.
- Contestants must be high school graduates or have passed the high school equivalency examination (G.E.D.) by the date of the finals of the State Pageant of the year in which they would be eligible to compete in the National Finals of the Miss America Pageant.
- Must reside in; be enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university; or be employed on a full-time basis for at least six months in the state in which she intends to compete.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time she enters her first competition.
- Must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the GED testing program for high school equivalency or have successfully completed the academic requirements for entry into a college/university degree program by July 30th immediately preceding the National Finals.
- Must have never been married, nor had a marriage annulled
- Must have never been pregnant
- Must not be the adoptive parent of any child
- Must never have been convicted of a criminal offense, nor have any criminal charges pending
- Must be of good moral character and not been involved in any act of moral turpitude
- Must be in good health and can participate fully and without limitation in all program activities
- Must not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances
- Additional requirements expressed in local and state contracts
Become A Teen Contestant
To become Miss South Carolina Teen, a contestant must first win a local preliminary competition to compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition.
Teen Age Requirements
- Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age on the first day of the State Competition in which she competes; and must not be older than seventeen (17) years of age as of July 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes, unless she is 18 years old and has not graduated from high school as of July 31st in the calendar year of the State Competition in which she competes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, 13 to 17 year old high-school graduates, as well as 18 year old non-graduates as of July 31st, must compete at MAOTeen level.
- Please note, this change is effective for all contestants who will compete in 2019 State Competitions, which includes all Local Competitions that will send titleholders to compete in 2019 State Competitions.